Marino Marini (Pistoia 1901-1980 Viareggio) studied painting and sculpture at the Academy of Arts in Florence. Influenced by Etruscan art, Marini developed a reduced pictorial language that quickly gained international recognition and was honored in numerous exhibitions. As early as 1928 and 1930 he exhibited at the Venice Biennale and he also took part in the first three documenta exhibitions in Kassel. In 1929 Marini moved to Paris, where he found acceptance in the circle of the avant-garde and met Giorgio de Chirico, Wassily Kandinsky, Aristide Maillol, Pablo Picasso and George Braque, among others. Marini's independent and multi-layered oeuvre includes sculpture, painting and graphic art, the preferred motifs being horse and rider, portraits, circus and theater and the goddess Pomona. His sculptures can be seen today, for example, in the Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Venice or in front of the Neue Pinakothek in Munich. In addition to his artistic activities, Marini held a professorship at the Academy of Monza from 1929 to 1940 and also taught at the Accademia di Brera in Milan. Today he is one of the most internationally recognized Italian artists. The STRABAG Artcollection holds several lithographs by Marino Marini from three decades.