Hans Plank (Weng im Innkreis 1925-1992 Braunau am Inn) expressed his desire to become a painter as a child. After working as a teacher for several years, he began studying painting at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna in 1950 with Albert Paris Gütersloh and Herbert Boeckl. Initially, the artist devoted himself to the technique of woodcut, where his main focus was on the simplification and reduction of motifs, the use of a few basic shapes and the contrast of black and white. Later, he also increasingly produced oil paintings, watercolors and drawings in the tradition of a painterly expressionism. In addition, Hans Plank designed numerous commissioned works in public spaces - stained glass windows, mosaics and frescoes - such as the church window of the parish church of Oberkappel or the murals Schutzmantelmadonna and Saint Barbara in the parish church of Riedersbach. Hans Plank was honored for his work several times, among others with the Austrian Cross of Honor for Science and Art, the Golden Medal for Merit of the City of Braunau am Inn and the Cultural Prize for Fine Arts of the Province of Upper Austria.